Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Madison trip

Went to Madison again today. B.I.L is continuing to improve, and today he was even sort of responding to people, in particular the surgeon came into the room and said "Hi, how are you doing?" (prior to taking him back to the OR ) and he responded with a thumbs up. "Are you in pain?" got a head shake (as much as the respirator would allow). They've reduced the amount of sedation, but he is still heavily sedated. At least now, he's at least partially concious.

Things are looking up, but there is still a long way to go.

We took my sister to lunch at Ella's Deli (photos to be posted on flickr soon), and then a stop at a Capitol City Comics, and back to visiting at the hospital.

Yesterday, wasn't very active, some crafting, a trip to the Police department to report the theft of my credit card information ( quite a mess to clean up, but at least the card is cancelled now.) . I'm rather peeved about the whole thing, and I have a suspicion of who did it... but it's JUST a suspicion. They're going to investigate till they find out what happened, and I am indeed going to press charges when they get to that point.

In the evening we went to Anime night, where we saw the first (2 hour special) episode of the new _Naruto_ series (the one taking place 2.5 years after the last point in the current series... we're running about a month behind Japan.) I should be watching more of _Shinsengumi_ this week, I have 2 or 3 DVDS with 4 episodes each that I haven't watched yet. (I've watched about 3 DVDs already, and have a lot more to go as they gradually arrive.) Thank heavens for subtitles. The actors playing Okita, and Kondo have more than their fair share of charisma on screen (I'm too lazy now to go look up the actor's names.). It's a little bit of an odd feeling to find myself cheering for historical persons who I KNOW for the most part are doomed (DOOMED!).
What a rough conflict to be in the middle of, IMHO, it doesn't seem like there are any winners in the conflicts of the late 1860's early 1870's in Japan. It's so easy to empathize with all the sides of the conflicts. Though, maybe that's more about Japanese style storytelling/filmmaking than anything else. :)

No comments: